Friday, July 31, 2009

YOU !

Sitting at your grave site, none of it seeming real.
People saying "I'm sorry for your loss" or "I know just how you feel".
I remember you; Laughing, Loving, Dancing, Smiling
I picture you; Elegant, Beautiful, Glowing, Curious

We met while still in high school, you were the quiet girl in her shell.
I passed you during lunchtime, It was at that moment that I fell.
We dated; Movies, Dinners, Walks, Talking
We loved; Passionately, Yearning, Faithful, Abandon less

We married when I was 21, and you yourself just 20.
We bought a small two room house, you assured me it was plenty.
We decorated; Tasteful, Expensive, Stylish, Modern
We celebrated; Birthdays, Christmas, New Years, Valentines

It happened one cold winters night, I insisted that we go.
The roads were wet and icy, it had just begun to snow.
Sounds; Screaming, Screeching, Sirens, Cries
Words; "Is anyone hurt", "Are you O.K.", "You need to let her go", "Sir, she's gone"

I've loved no one but you my sweet, I love you now in death.
When a vengeful God felt that he should take from you your breath.
The service was beautiful my dear, I know you would have approved.
There wasn't a dry eye in the house, everyone was moved.

The seasons have changed many times, my hair is turning gray.
I sleep alone every night, I miss you everyday.
I reach for you when dreams get bad, just to find that you're not there.
I curl up against your pillow, I can still smell your fragrant hair.

As I sit here at your grave site, none of it seeming real.
My fingers trace your name in stone, A coldness I still feel.
I talk to you as once I did, I tell you about my life.
I cry for you, my heart still aches, I crumble from the strife.

I place a rose upon your tomb, I wipe the tears away.
I tell you that I miss you, and I love you more each day.
I stand up and brush myself off, I blow you a tender kiss.
My life is not what I planned, losing you was a cruel twist.

I miss you love, and this I know, it's you I won't forget.
But I am still alive, and not ready to join you yet.
You were taken from me, young and sweet, it seemed it was your fate.
But I know that I will hold you again...soon my Love...someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment